Emmett Reistroffer from the Englewood Liquor and Medical Marijuana Licensing Authority, and Brandon Emmett from the Alaska Marijuana Control Board break down some the issues surrounding the social use of cannabis. Focusing on two particular models, The Emmetts discuss the evolution of social use policies, why they’re important, and what they mean for the future of adult-use legalization.
- UK parliament passes bill banning nearly all psychoactive substances
- Maryland legislature overrides governor’s veto on paraphernalia decrim
- Two new studies find moderate adolescent marijuana use does not decrease IQ
- Chinese restaurants accused of using opium as seasoning
- State representative Jay Lawrence withdraws bill that could have ended medical marijuana program
- Georgia legislator admits to breaking federal law
- America now has more breweries than ever. And that might be a problem.
- January 28, 2016: Next hearing for the owner and an employee of Kush Gods
- The International Centre for Science in Drug Policy (ICSDP) wants to know your top five drug policy priorities, so take their survey and sign their open letter.
Drug of the Month:
- Caffeine, installment four (recent news and trends)
Call to Action:
- Contact your local grassroots organizations, find out your community decision makers are, talk with them about sensible regulations
- Have an open conversation with your friends and family about cannabis use, visit socialuse.org