On this week’s episode we talk with Tyler Williams, our producer, and Scott Cecil, our biggest fan, who both work as outreach coordinators for Students for Sensible Drug Policy. They tell us about some incredible recent victories by SSDP chapters across the country in areas like Good Samaritan policies, medical marijuana on campuses, drug education, and much more.
Calls to action:
- Donate to Ross Ulbricht’s legal defense at FreeRoss.org!
- If you’re a student, find or start a chapter of SSDP!
Drug of the month: Caffeine, installment #1 (where it comes from).
- Georgia court ruling allows drunk drivers to throw out DUI tests (read the ruling)
- Anchorage woman trading people marijuana for free in exchange for Spice
- West Virginia man calls 911, turns in drugs after seeing Obama’s speech on addiction (watch the speech)
- NarcoData is a new data journalism project aiming to analyze and visualize the history of drug cartels in Mexico (the image Rachelle mentioned is below)
- Tuesday, 11/3: Election Day! Ohio will be voting on Issue 3 to legalize medical and adult use of marijuana. Sam says vote Yes, Rachelle says vote No.
- Friday, 11/6: Deadline for medical marijuana business license applications in Maryland, the gateway to the South. Rachelle and Sam will both be working hard this week on finalizing applications for their day jobs.
- Saturday, 11/7: If you’re in the Denver area, the Harm Reduction Action Center will be hosting a neighborhood clean-up day. They will be meeting up at 10 am at 231 E. Colfax for the neighborhood clean-up.