On this week’s episode, we speak with Jared Moffat and Rebecca Nieves McGoldrick, a political power couple who are working towards all sorts of incredible reforms in Rhode Island. Jared is the RI political director of the Marijuana Policy Project, and Rebecca is the executive director of Protect Families First.
Calls to action:
- Like Regulate Rhode Island on Facebook & Twitter, and tell your friends and family in RI to call their legislators to support reform.
- Follow Protect Families First on Facebook, and volunteer with them when they send out action alerts about specific bills, especially helping get back their Good Samaritan law.
Drug of the month: Psilocybin, installment #2 (science)
- Boston’s MBTA considering lifting ban on alcohol advertising
- Justice Department to release 6,000 non-violent inmates later this month
- Ohio high school student commits suicide after school officials told him he “ruined his life” by smelling like marijuana
- New study finds that runner’s high may be similar to marijuana high
- Tuesday, 10/13: The first Democratic presidential primary debate of the 2016 election season, where we hope drug policy reform is discussed. Tune in!
- Monday, 10/19: Hearing on a proposed ban on medical marijuana businesses in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Attend and oppose the ban!