Sarah chats about the intersection of drug policy and pregnancy with Lynn Paltrow, Executive Director of National Advocates for Pregnant Women, and Dr. Sheila Vakharia, TWiD regular and an assistant professor of social work at Long Island University; Tyler goes over the history of The Harrison Act; and Sam and Sarah discuss the week’s biggest stories!
- Welfare crackdown in federal budget sees jobseekers face drug-testing
- Trump’s Health Secretary Says Addiction Meds Are “Substituting One Opioid For Another”
- Initiative proposed to ban heroin safe-injection sites in King County
- The Trump administration just took its first big step to escalate the war on drugs
- Chilean pharmacies begin marijuana medicine sales in first for Latam
- Vermont Governor Not Sure About Legal Marijuana Bill
- The Liberal Democrats Will Pledge To Completely Legalise Cannabis
- Philippines senator tells UN reports of drug war killings are ‘alternative facts’
- 5/16-5/17: 7th Annual Cannabis Industry Lobby Days
- 5/24-5/26: Club Health: The 10th International Conference on Nightlife, Substance Use, and Related Health Issues
Call to Action:
- Contact Secretary Price about opioid substitution therapy
- Contact your representatives about the American Health Care Act
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.