This week, Sam and Sarah discuss the latest news, from opiate overdoses to competing measures of alcoholism rates. Another short episode for the TWiD hiatus as we transition from season 4 to season 5.
- Opioid users 50 percent more likely to get treatment under Obamacare
- Woman Banned from US After Border Agent Finds Proof of Drug Use on Phone
- Citing overdose ‘crisis,’ police to allow unsanctioned Toronto injection site
- Study claims large increase in alcoholism, but methods called into question
- Psilocybin synthesized in lab for first time
- Maine recreational marijuana regulations will not be in place by the February 2018 deadline
- Iran parliament edges towards softening drug laws to curb executions
- Indonesia emulates crackdown in Philippines; 55 people have been killed without judicial process so far this year
- Possession of small amounts of narcotics now minor offense in Oregon
- Friday, August 25, is the last day to get early bird registration rates for the Drug Policy Alliance’s Reform Conference in Atlanta Georgia this October!
Call to Action:
- To get involved with the fight over marijuana advertising in California, email email@example.com!
- Call your senators and ask them to co-sponsor the Marijuana Justice Act!
Intro: Dance for Sport by the2ba
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.