Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Sarah chats with the founders of Cute Animals Doing Drugs, Andras Lenart and Aaron Nesmith-Beck, about their new project; Tyler teaches us about nicotine; and Sam and Rachelle cover the week’s biggest stories.
Special listener code: TWID25
- New Drug Laws!
- Connecticut: Bail Reform, Opioid Rules Among New State Laws
- Florida: Medical marijuana law takes effect in Florida
- Georgia: Medical marijuana expansion and DUI legislation in Georgia
- Maryland: Heroin and Opioid Education and Community Action Act of 2017
- Oklahoma: Major criminal justice reform in Oklahoma
- Nevada: Legal marijuana in Nevada
- Virginia: Multiple new drug laws take effect in Virginia
- Bill introduced in Pennsylvania to punish heroin dealers carrying naloxone
- Middletown council member: Can we stop responding to overdoses?
- What Are “Hard” and “Soft” Drugs?
- Man Spends 90 Days in Jail After Police Mistake Drywall Powder for Cocaine
- Joint United Nations statement on ending discrimination in health care settings
- The Viral Story About the Cop Who Overdosed by Touching Fentanyl Is Nonsense
- DEA does not need warrant to subpoena Oregon prescription drug information
- ASAP: July Recess Action Plan
- July 28-29: National Cannabis Business Association Cannabis Law Institute
SSDP Peer Education Segment:
Call to Action:
- Examine your personal stance on a drug issue or experience
- Educate yourself
Intro: Dance for Sport by the2ba
Transition: 10 Minutes by Spencer Rudnick
Transition: Breakdfw by Stephen Duke
Outro: Never Be Normal by Nathan Leigh
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.