Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
This week, Sarah talks about Denver’s push for supervised injection facilities with Kat Humphries, Programs Director at the Harm Reduction Action Center; Tyler gives us some information on MDMA; and Rachelle and Sam discuss the biggest stories of the week!
- Study finds that US states legalizing marijuana leads to less drug violence
- The Murder Of Mexican Journalists Points To U.S. Role In Fueling Drug War Violence
- Congress is considering a bill that would expand Jeff Sessions’s power to escalate the war on drugs
- Cocaine trafficking is destroying Central America’s forests
- U.S. Rep. Jared Polis, staunch marijuana legalization supporter, to run for Colorado governor
- Plant compound more powerful than AZT against HIV
- Flint councilman gets 60 days in jail for marijuana use
- Queensland’s prison policy is ‘stupid’, says former chief as he calls for drugs rethink
- 6/21: Vermont Legislature Special Session on Marijuana Legalization
- 6/22: Delegate David Moon Re-Election Kickoff
SSDP Peer Education Segment:
Call to Action:
- Encourage Denver businesses to join HRAC’s Business Coalition for SIFs
- Get involved with a local harm reduction organization – or start one!
Intro: Dance for Sport by the2ba
Transition: Blowin Bubbles by the2ba
Transition: Does it Get Easier (It Gets a Whole Lot More Complicated) by Free the Mammoth
Outro: Unwilling to Change by Sleep Soundtrack
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.