Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Sarah and Rachelle attend the National Cannabis Festival and talk drug policy with Dr. Jill Stein of the Green Party and rapper Talib Kweli, Tyler goes over the history of the US Federal Analogue Act, and Sam and Rachelle bring you the week’s biggest news!
- As Opioid Epidemic Rages On, Massachusetts Medical Society Backs Supervised Injection Rooms
- NE Governor Ricketts vetoes bill to restore voting rights to felons sooner
- Maryland General Assembly passes bill aimed at drug ‘price gouging’
- Trump’s FDA nominee clears key Senate committee
- Trump Invites Rodrigo Duterte to the White House
- Marijuana farm next door to Yamhill County’s prized vineyards sparks legal fight
- Surgeon general is removed by Trump administration, replaced by deputy for now
- Feds block Rainforest Farms pot shop from paying state taxes
- 5/14 – 5/17: 25th Harm Reduction International Conference
- Survey: Drug Use at Canadian Music Festivals
- Contact your senators about FDA nominee, Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- Was there a flashpoint that led to the passage of the US Federal Analogue Act? If so, what was it?
- Kau, G. (2008). Flashback to the Federal Analog Act of 1986: Mixing Rules and Standards in the Cauldron. University of Pennsylvania Law Review, 156(4), 1077-1115. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/40041401
Call to Action:
- Get involved in the people’s movement to reform drug policy!
- Be aware of how your privilege(s) impact your life experiences.
Intro: Dance for Sport by the2ba
Transition: Can’t Leave This One Alone by Spencer Rudnick
Transition: Bluberries by Spencer Rudnick
Outro: Real Estate by Deep Dish
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.