SSDP UK’s Newcastle chapter joins Sam and Rachelle to talk about their recent drug checking initiative. Holly Mae Robinson and Ollie McNally discuss what drug checking kits are, how the Newcastle University administration and broader community has responded to drug checking, and what sort of progress they’ve made so far.
- Much of World Suffers Not From Abuse of Painkillers, but Absence of Them
- Drug Agents Collected Tons of Phone Records — This Group Is Trying to Make Them Public
- Budweiser seeks approval to be called ‘America’ this summer
- Magic mushrooms lift severe depression in clinical trial
- Congress OKs Medical Marijuana for Military Veterans
- Menthol cigarettes banned by EU under stringent new tobacco laws
- Connecticut parents preparing for children’s medical marijuana
- Louisiana may soon become the 25th state to legalize medical marijuana
- 5/25: National Wine Day
Drug of the Month:
- Benzodiazepines, installment three (history)
Call to Action:
- Join or start an SSDP chapter to improve harm reduction!