Shaleen Title, a partner at the THC Staffing Group, and Malik Burnett, a preventative medicine physician at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health and former DC Policy Manager at the Drug Policy Alliance, join Sam and Rachelle to discuss race and racial justice in the drug policy reform movement.
- Researchers Will Try to Grow Space Drugs on the Space Station
- Three Australian police officers caught lying on an anti-drug dog Facebook page
- Massachusetts governor signs law ending automatic driver’s license suspensions for drug crimes
- How Decriminalizing Drugs Could Reduce Islamic Terrorism in France and Belgium
- American Airlines pilot arrested in front of passengers after failing sobriety test
- Texas police department posts fake Ebola-tainted meth warning
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott signs bill prohibiting the sale of products containing dextromethorphan (DXM) to minors
- FDA issues new labeling for mifepristone, a drug used to induce non-surgical abortions, to increase access and give doctors more flexibility
- 4/7: The Colorado House of Representatives hearing on HB 16-1344, which would create a “special offender category” for people who sold an illicit substance to an individual who died as a result of use. Colorado residents can use SSDP’s action center to oppose the bill.
- 4/11: The McGill University chapter of Canadian Students for Sensible Drug Policy is hosting a panel discussion on the drug war’s impact on marginalized groups
Drug of the Month:
- LSD installment one (intro)
Call to Action:
- Attend the National Cannabis Festival
- Think about the two most important policies you want to push for and be intentional in everything you do, every day, to push those policies forward.