Sarah discusses the National Cannabis Festival with Laila Makled, the Federal Relations and Advocacy Chair, Caroline Philipps, the Founder and Executive Producer, and Mike Liszewski, TWiD regular!
- 2 firms seek to prevent drugs’ use in Arkansas executions
- Black Caucus calls for special session on medical marijuana
- Pedialyte marketing electrolytes and hydration to festival-goers
- Marshall Project looks at effects of military veterans becoming police
- Colleges can get free doses of naloxone for students overdosing on heroin and other opioids
- Anti-pot group faces campaign finance violations from its work opposing marijuana legalization in California
- Liberals table bills to legalize pot, clamp down on impaired driving
- Drug offenses now make up only 14% of arrests by the federal government, down from 23% in 2004
- NCIA & MCBA Announce Partnership and #CannabizSummit Scholarships for 2017
- Tell the Executive Branch to eliminate the DEA!
- How would Sherlock Holmes’ drug use be understood by the audience of the time? and its historiography.
Call to Action:
- Visit the National Cannabis Festival website and call Senator Bernie Sanders’ office to ask him to come to the festival and introduce Talib Kweli
- Check out the festival’s advocacy and education partners and support businesses owned by women and people of color while in DC
- Ask your congressional reps to cosponsor marijuana-related legislation
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.