Brian Pollett, a graphic designer and visual artist, joins Sam and Rachelle to discuss a series of 20 portraits he created while under the influence to represent the effects of various drugs. Pollett discusses his inspiration for the series, how drugs impact his creative process, and what his drug experiences “looked” like.
Disclaimer: Due to some technical difficulties, this week’s round table discussion runs a bit shorter than usual. We’re sorry you get less TWiD time this week, but we’re taking steps to make sure it never happens again!
- A maker of deadly painkillers is bankrolling the opposition to legal marijuana in Arizona
- The photo of a couple using heroin with a kid in the car is horrifying. The reaction is even worse.
- Christiania, a Commune in Denmark, Dismantles Drug Market After Shootings
- Fabric club closure is a reminder that the war on drugs has failed, Lib Dems say
- Pro-marijuana group loses appeals
- American Legion Calls for Marijuana Rescheduling
- Group backing marijuana legalization vote raises $2.4m
- Vaccine against cocaine addiction starts test trials on animals in Brazil
- 9/30: Expiration of protections for US medical marijuana patients
- 3/24-26: Students for Sensible Drug Policy Annual Conference (Portland, OR)
Drug of the Month:
- Ritalin, installment two (science)
Call to Action:
- Know yourself and use your skill set to end the War on Drugs
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.