We’re back with Season Four with a few fresh updates! This week, Sam and Rachelle discuss the latest news, headlines, and forecasts in drugs and drug policy while Tyler gives us the history of congressional support for the Controlled Substances Act. For the round table segment, Sarah and Sam are joined by Diane Goldstein and Vilmarie Fraguada Narloch to talk with Dr. Henry Fisher, Policy Director at VolteFace, about the think tank’s work and the latest in UK drug policy.
- Harm Reduction Action Center Wants Safe Spaces for Injection Drug Users
- Sean Spicer responds to question regarding federal marijuana policy
- Leila de Lima: Top Duterte critic arrested on drug charge
- Big Pharma Quietly Enlists Leading Professors to Justify $1,000-Per-Day Drugs
- CSU-Pueblo hiring a Director for the Institute of Cannabis Research
- Medicinal cannabis gets the go-ahead in South Africa
- Tilray Announces Medical Cannabis Export to New Zealand
- Bolivia Raises Coca Cultivation Limits, Widens Legal Supply-Demand Gap
- 2/26: We’re Natl Cannabis Advocates – Ask Us Anything – Reddit AMA
- 3/1: Connecticut Coalition to Regulate Marijuana Press Conference
- 3/2: “Big Marijuana Day” in the Maryland State Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee
- Produced with support from Zambeza Seeds
- Who supported and who opposed the Controlled Substances Act when it first came up before Congress?
Call to Action:
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.