For this hiatus episode, Rachelle joins Sam to discuss the biggest stories and forecast upcoming events in drug policy.
- House Bill Examines Racist Drug War
- Nationally, African Americans are nearly four times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than their white neighbors.
- TSA employees arrested for cocaine smuggling operation in Puerto Rico
- Scientists in Canada have genetically-engineered cocaine-resistant mice
- Secondhand smoke isn’t as dangerous as we once thought
- The Trump administration issued a memo this week, proposing the elimination of several federal programs, including the Office of National Drug Control Policy.
- Duterte targets Philippine children in bid to widen drug war
- Alt-right website tries to weed out Jews from drug reform
- Ganjapreneur Kayvan Khalatbari Files to Run for Mayor — and Isn’t Blowing Smoke
- In New York, a judge ordered drug-using mother to not get pregnant until she regained legal custody of a previous child.
- 2/21: National Day of Action on the Overdose Crisis in Canada
- 2/28: “Know Your Rights; Safe and Legal Interactions with Law Enforcement” hosted by the Cannabis Cultural Association
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.