Sam and Rachelle discuss President Rodrigo Duterte’s literal drug war in the Philippines with Oliver Zerrudo, the California Campus Coordinator at Students for Sensible Drug Policy. The team discusses some basics about the Philippines history and culture before exploring the political motivations and public support for Duterte’s drug war.
- Seattle could open housing for homeless where it’s OK to use heroin
- Mylan CEO’s Pay Rose Over 600 Percent as EpiPen Price Rose 400 Percent
- Petition to legalize medical marijuana in Oklahoma gets more than 67,000 signatures
- Legislative Black Caucus: Hogan should intervene in medical cannabis licenses
- Ramen is displacing tobacco as most popular US prison currency, study finds
- How LSD Affects Language
- Maine Governor Smoked Marijuana, But Opposes Legalization
- CT high court rules UConn wrongly fired employee for getting high at work
Drug of the Month:
- We’ll be back with a new Drug of the Month next week! In the meantime, check out our factpods and catch up on past segments!
Call to Action:
- Sign the SSDP change.org petition to the US State Department demanding they stop funding state-sponsored murder in the Philippines.
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.