This week, Rachelle and Sam go over the biggest drug policy stories and Tyler educates us about caffeine. Jason Ortiz, Policy Chair of the Minority Cannabis Business Association, and Scott Cecil, SSDP Outreach Coordinator and head of the HBCU working group, join Sarah and Rachelle to discuss the model legal marijuana bill recently released by the MCBA.
- UN adds fentanyl-making chemicals to list of controlled substances
- A quarter of US beer drinkers have switched to marijuana or would if it was legal
- Mexican parents, not authorities, led search for drug-war mass grave
- Philippine Lawmaker Moves to Impeach Duterte
- Syringe Exchange Program bill headed to North Dakota Governor’s desk
- Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI): Make Mexican cartels pay for the wall
- Drug against alcoholism works, French researchers claim
- Unemployment Drug Testing Resolution Awaits Trump’s Signature
- 3/24 – 3/26: SSDP2017 Conference
- 4/18: U.S. Sentencing Commission to Review MDMA Guidelines for First Time in 16 Years
Call to Action:
- Share MCBA’s legislation with the people around you and give feedback!
- Contact Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos about your support for continuing to fund HBCUs
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.