Due to the #SSDP2017 conference, we are posting only news from last week in this short, late episode. But listen up for exciting marijuana news from New England and more!
- New report finds racial disparities in wrongful convictions nationwide
- Rhode Island Senate leadership shake-up may lead to marijuana legalization passing
- In more New England marijuana news, also on Wednesday, the Vermont House Judiciary Committee approved a bill to legalize the possession of up to an ounce of marijuana and the home cultivation of 2 mature marijuana plants and 4 immature plants, essentially creating a system like Washington DC. It now goes to the House.
- In even more New England marijuana news, AND ALSO ON WEDNESDAY (big day for marijuana!), the president of the Massachusetts State Senate has said they will not approve any further delays of the marijuana legalization law passed by voters in November. The current timeline has stores opening in July 2018.
- Americans for Safe Access will be hosting their annual Unity Conference from April 7-11 in Washington DC. http://www.safeaccessnow.org/unity_2017
- The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies is also hosting their big conference in April – that’s the Psychedelic Science Conference taking place in Oakland, from April 19-24. http://psychedelicscience.org/ Among the many cool things happening there, a nonprofit called DrugStory (for which Rachelle and I are both board members) will be debuting its app! Look for Mikayla Hellwich and Lauren Padgett if you’re there and want to learn more.
Like what we do? Help pay our bills.